Leverage Funding Programs for Active Members of the Network
Funding for Major Grant Applications
- To provide funding for the preparation of applications for major grants (e.g. CIHR Team Grants).
Eligibility requirements :
- The applicants must be researchers who are active members of the Network at the time that they submit their application for this funding,
- The notice of acceptance of the letter of intent by the granting agency (if required),
- The research project for which the major grant application is being submitted must be multidisciplinary and involve more than one academic institution; it may also involve multiple research settings and researchers from multiple provinces and/or countries,
- The research project must be in the field of aging and must be consistent with the objectives and orientations of the Network’s 2008-2012 Scientific Program,
- The research project must be recommended for approval by the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium.
- Maximum $15 000 per application.
Application procedure :
- Submit as a single PDF document a completed application to the Network’s Scientific Director at email@example.com, including:
- A copy of the approval of your letter of intent, if one was required,
- A summary of your major grant application,
- The names and institutional affiliations of all the researchers involved,
- A budget justification, linked to the timetable for submitting the major grant application,
- A letter of recommendation from the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium,
- A concise explanation of the relationships between the major grant application and the Network’s research orientations and activities (half-page maximum).
Evaluation procedure :
- The RQRV Executive Committee determines eligibility and requests the opinion of at least two members of the RQRV Steering Committee, or of the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium, or of an expert from outside the Network,
- Incomplete applications will be declared ineligible.
Recipient’s commitments :
- Acknowledge the Network’s support,
- Inform the Network of the granting agency’s decision on the major grant application,
- Return the Network support grant to the Network if the major grant application is not submitted to the granting agency.
Payment method :
- The funding will be paid to the recipients in a single instalment.
Application deadline :