Leverage Funding Programs for Active Members of the Network
Funding for Research Partnerships
- To encourage the development of research partnerships with other entities (such as another research team, another FRSQ network, a granting agency, a professional association, a Quebec health-care institution, a foundation, or a pharmaceutical company) for the purpose of providing a training award or conducting a research project or pilot study in preparation for the submission of a major grant application.
Eligibility requirements :
- The applicants must be researchers who are active members of the Network at the time that they submit their application for this funding,
- The partnership for which this funding is being requested must do research in the field of aging, and the activity for which this funding is being requested must be consistent with the objectives and orientations of the Network’s 2008-2012 Scientific Program,
- The application must be recommended for approval by the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium,
- When submitting their application, the partners must firmly commit to making a financial contribution at least equal to the Network’s.
- Maximum $15 000 per partnership.
Application procedure :
- Submit as a single PDF document a completed application to the Network’s Scientific Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- A summary of the partnership’s proposed training-award program or research project,
- A timetable for this program or project,
- A letter of firm financial commitment from the partners,
- A letter of recommendation from the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium,
- A scientific and financial justification of the application and its leveraging effect with regard to the Network’s mission, research orientations, and activities.
Evaluation procedure :
- The RQRV Executive Committee determines eligibility and requests the opinion of at least two members of the RQRV Steering Committee, or of the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium, or of an expert from outside the Network,
- Incomplete applications will be declared ineligible.
Recipient’s commitments :
- Acknowledge the Network’s support,
- Report on the partnership’s achievements to the Network,
- Return the support grant to the Network if the partnership ends prematurely.
Payment method :
- Funding will be paid to the recipients in a single instalment.
Application deadline ::