Leverage Funding Programs for Active Members of the Network
Funding for Organizing Canadian and International Conferences, Colloquiums, Workshops and Symposiums.
To stimulate the dissemination and transfer of knowledge in the field of research on aging to the scientific community, health professionals, and the general public,
This program provides funding for the following activities:
- Organizing a symposium at a Canadian or international scientific conference to enable the participation of a speaker who is a Network member or a non-member with an international reputation,
- Organizing a Canadian or international event, such as a conference, colloquium, workshop, or symposium that is intended for scientists,
- Organizing a Quebec, Canadian, or international conference, colloquium, workshop or symposium to share scientific knowledge with policy-makers, health professionals, or the general public.
Eligibility requirements :
- The applicants must be researchers who are active members of the Network at the time that they submit their application for this funding and who are playing a management role in the organizing of the event,
- The activity for which funding is being requested must relate to research on aging, be consistent with the objectives and orientations of the Network’s 2012-2016 Scientific Program, and serve as a means of disseminating the results of the Network’s research,
- The application must be recommended for approval by the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium,
- If the funding is being requested to organize a conference, colloquium, workshop or symposium, then the applicants must have a firm commitment from another source to make a financial contribution at least equal to the Network’s; this requirement does not apply to applications to support a symposium within a Canadian or international scientific conference.
- Maximum $1 500 for the organization of a symposium within a conference,
- Maximum $7 000 for the organization of a conference, colloquium, workshop or symposium.
Application procedure :
- Submit as a single PDF document a completed application to the Network’s Scientific Director at email@example.com, including:
- A description of the event (title, scientific program, date, location, invited speakers, estimated number of participants),
- A concise justification of the application for funding, showing how it relates to the Network’s mission, orientations, and activities,
- A detailed budget,
- An implementation schedule,
- A letter of recommendation from the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium.
Evaluation procedure :
- The RQRV Executive Committee determines eligibility and requests the opinion of at least two members of the RQRV Steering Committee, or of the Co-ordinator of an RQRV Thematic Group, Common Research Platform, or Consortium, or of an expert from outside the Network,
- Incomplete applications will be declared ineligible.
Recipient’s commitments :
- Acknowledge the Network’s support in all communications about the event,
- Submit a scientific and financial report to the Network.
Payment method :
- Funding to enable a speaker to participate in a colloquium or orgzanize a symposium at a Canadian or international scientific conference will be paid to the recipient upon submission of expense invoices,
- Funding to organize a workshop, colloquium, or symposium will be paid to the recipient in a single instalment. The recipient agrees that if the event runs a financial surplus, it will be returned to the Network, up to the amount of funding that the Network has provided.
Application deadline :