Stimulus Funding Programs for Student Members of the Network
Travel Awards To Present Research Findings at Canadian or International Scientific Events
Eligibility requirements :
- To give student members of the Network the opportunity to present their research findings at national and international scientific events,
- To allow them to meet internationally renowned researchers in the field of aging.
- The findings to be presented must be the result of research in the field of aging that is consistent with the objectives and orientations of the Network's 2017-2023 Scientific Program, and the event at which they will be presented must be a Canadian or international scientific conference, symposium, or colloquium,
- The applicant must be a student member of the Network (M.Sc., Ph.D., or postdoctoral level) at the time that the application is submitted,
- The student's thesis supervisor must provide funding equal to 25 to 50% of the student's total expenses for the event (registration, travel, meals and accommodation),
- Be first author or co-first author of an oral presentation,
- Be first author of a poster presentation,
- *Submit electronic application by January 15 (events to be held between April 1 and September 30) or by July 15 (events to be held between October 1 and March 31) of each year
- An applicant may submit only one application per competition.
*Confirmation of acceptance of the abstract is not mandatory on the closing date of the competition. It is required for the evaluation of the application.
- Maximum $600 per event.
The award cannot be used for another conference other than the one for which it is requested
Application procedure :
- Click on the following link www.rqrv.com, go to the on-line application form for this award, then fill out this form and use it to attach and submit electronic versions of the following required documents:
- A brief letter from your thesis supervisor, describing your contribution to the research on aging that you will be presenting, its relationship to the objectives and orientations of the Network's 2012-2016 Scientific Program, and must include the amount of funding that the supervisor will be contributing to your travel expenses,
- Abstract of submitted presentation and acknowledgement of receipt from the organizing committee,
- A document from the organizing committee confirming that your presentation has been accepted (if you have the document at the time that you are applying for this travel award).
Evaluation procedure :
- The RQRV Executive Committee determines the eligibility of each application,
- Incomplete applications will be declared ineligible.
Recipient's commitment :
- Acknowledge the Network's support in the oral or poster presentation.
- Be present and submit an abstract at the RQRV Research Days to be held on October 1 and 2 of each year
Payment method :
- A cheque will be sent to the recipient by postal mail, at his or her personal address or by direct deposit upon presentation of original invoices.
Application deadlines :
- January 15 and July 15 of each year.